karaf-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Karaf version 2.3.1
Date Thu, 28 Feb 2013 09:33:29 GMT
I tested Karaf 2.3.1 with my db / jpa tutorial. You can easily replicate
by following:
https://github.com/cschneider/Karaf-Tutorial/blob/master/db/examplejpa/ReadMe.txt

- Basically check out the tutorial
- do mvn clean install in the db dir
- Copy the derby datasource xml to deploy
- Do the commands from the ReadMe.txt

I found some issues:
- I got exceptions for my karaf commands ClassNotFound:
org.apache.karaf.shell.console.CompleteableFunction.
   I had to add <Import-Package>org.apache.karaf.shell.console,
*</Import-Package> to make it work.
   As I am not referencing CompleteableFunction I think this is an issue
in Karaf. It can be worked around easily though.
   We can explain it in the release notes
- When stopping karaf I get the stack trace below. This may be an issue
in aries jpa.

So I am +0 for the release.

Christian

---
ERROR: Bundle org.apache.aries.jpa.container [65] Error stopping bundle.
(java.lang.IllegalStateException: No persistence units defined for
bundle db-examplejpa/1.0.0.SNAPSHOT.)
java.lang.IllegalStateException: No persistence units defined for bundle
db-examplejpa/1.0.0.SNAPSHOT.
     at
org.apache.aries.jpa.container.unit.impl.ManagedPersistenceUnitInfoFactoryImpl.destroyPersistenceBundle(ManagedPersistenceUnitInfoFactoryImpl.java:60)
     at
org.apache.aries.jpa.container.impl.PersistenceBundleManager.removedBundle(PersistenceBundleManager.java:313)
     at
org.apache.aries.util.tracker.hook.BundleHookBundleTracker$Tracked.customizerRemoved(BundleHookBundleTracker.java:513)
     at
org.apache.aries.util.tracker.hook.BundleHookBundleTracker$Tracked.customizerRemoved(BundleHookBundleTracker.java:433)
     at
org.apache.aries.util.tracker.hook.BundleHookBundleTracker$AbstractTracked.untrack(BundleHookBundleTracker.java:834)
     at
org.apache.aries.util.tracker.hook.BundleHookBundleTracker.close(BundleHookBundleTracker.java:196)
     at
org.apache.aries.util.tracker.RecursiveBundleTracker.close(RecursiveBundleTracker.java:120)
     at
org.apache.aries.jpa.container.impl.PersistenceBundleManager.close(PersistenceBundleManager.java:140)
     at
org.apache.aries.jpa.container.impl.PersistenceBundleManager.stop(PersistenceBundleManager.java:643)
     at
org.apache.felix.framework.util.SecureAction.stopActivator(SecureAction.java:667)
     at org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.stopBundle(Felix.java:2361)
     at
org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.setActiveStartLevel(Felix.java:1214)
     at
org.apache.felix.framework.FrameworkStartLevelImpl.run(FrameworkStartLevelImpl.java:295)
     at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)
ERROR: Bundle org.apache.aries.jpa.container [65] Error stopping
mvn:org.apache.aries.jpa/org.apache.aries.jpa.container/1.0.0
(org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Activator stop error in bundle

--
Christian Schneider
http://www.liquid-reality.de

Open Source Architect