karaf-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Idea: Allow users to patch feature files
Date Tue, 26 Feb 2013 16:12:45 GMT

Could this be even more "generic" and apply to everything loaded via a URL?   Swap the version
of "xerces" with this new version.   Or use specs 2.2 instead of 2.1 or similar.

Dan

On Feb 26, 2013, at 3:46 AM, Christian Schneider <chris@die-schneider.net> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> sometimes we have the issue that a feature file of an already released project is incorrect.
Another similar case is if a small issue appears that can be fixed by just patching a single
bundle.
> In both cases it is necessary to change an existing feature file to make this work without
a new release and without making user apps bump up the dependency to the feature file to the
next bugfix release number.

> So I thought about a way to patch feature files at runtime.
>
> The idea is to have a config with:
> <mvn url of feature>:<path to patch>
>
> This config would make the feature command apply the patches to the named feature files
after loading them. So a user could patch their feature files to quickly fix simple issues.

--
Daniel Kulp