karaf-dev mailing list archives

From Achim Nierbeck <bcanh...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Debug pax-exam unit test
Date Tue, 11 Jun 2013 13:31:49 GMT
Hi Charles,

hmm might possibly be that you are affected by the same "thing" that most
of my tests are.
The TestContainer is just merely to fast :)
that's why I added a Sleep in my tests first [1].

regards, Achim

[1] -
https://github.com/ops4j/org.ops4j.pax.web/blob/master/pax-web-itest-karaf/src/test/java/org/ops4j/pax/web/itest/karaf/FeaturesKarafTest.java#L42

2013/6/11 Charles Moulliard <ch007m@gmail.com>

> My class contains the following @Configure configuration
>
>     @Configuration
>     public static Option[] configure() {
>         return new Option[]{
>
>                 // Install Karaf Container
>                 karafDistributionConfiguration().frameworkUrl(
>

> maven().groupId("org.apache.karaf").artifactId("apache-karaf").type("tar.gz").versionAsInProject())
>
> .karafVersion(MavenUtils.getArtifactVersion("org.apache.karaf",
> "apache-karaf")).name("Apache Karaf")
>                         .unpackDirectory(new File("target/exam/unpack/")),
>
>                 keepRuntimeFolder(),
>                 logLevel(LogLevelOption.LogLevel.INFO),
>
>                 // Option to be used to do remote debugging
>                 //
> vmOption("-Xrunjdwp:transport=dt_socket,server=y,suspend=y,address=5005"),
> systemTimeout(0),
>                 debugConfiguration("5005", true),
>
> If I add a breakpoint here (refresh()) of the following unit test
>
>     @Test
>     public void testKContainer() throws Exception {
>         refresh();
>
> and start my class using local debug in intellij, the debugger does not
> stop there.
>

> On Tue, Jun 11, 2013 at 1:58 PM, Achim Nierbeck <bcanhome@googlemail.com
> >wrote:
>
> > Hi Charles,
> >
> > I think you're mixing some things up here.
> > If your trying to debug a karaf - container inside Pax-Exam it's working
> > differently then debugging a standalone Pax-Exam Container with remote
> > debugging, for example if run from maven and not embedded inside eclipse.
> > So please take a look at the KarafBase Test class I've given you. It's
> > fully working with Pax-Web and Karaf.
> > Make sure your running the test as a regular Junit test, Pax-Exam will
> > deploy your test as a test bundle inside Karaf so no need to debug the
> > "outer" framework stuff.
> >
> > regards, Achim
> >

> > 2013/6/11 Charles Moulliard <ch007m@gmail.com>
> >
> > > Why do we show a different port number (intellij screenshot) in the doc
> > > here -->
> > > https://ops4j1.jira.com/wiki/display/paxexam/Pax+Exam+-+Tutorial+1?
> > >

> > > On Tue, Jun 11, 2013 at 12:52 PM, Charles Moulliard <ch007m@gmail.com

> at
> > > the
> > > debugger.

> ch007m@gmail.com

> > debug

> https://github.com/ops4j/org.ops4j.pax.web/blob/master/pax-web-itest-karaf/src/test/java/org/ops4j/pax/web/itest/karaf/KarafBaseTest.java#L89

>  vmOption("-Xrunjdwp:transport=dt_socket,server=y,suspend=y,address=5005"),

> b7cb86c5-596e-4265-be00-a3c8d38c28ff
Source)

> > sun.rmi.server.UnicastServerRef.oldDispatch(UnicastServerRef.java:390)
Method)

> > sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport.handleMessages(TCPTransport.java:535)
> > > >> > > >

> sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport$ConnectionHandler.run0(TCPTransport.java:790)
> > > >> > > >

> sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport$ConnectionHandler.run(TCPTransport.java:649)
> > > >> > > >

> java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:895)
> > > >> > > >

> java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:918)
> > > >> > > >

> sun.rmi.transport.StreamRemoteCall.exceptionReceivedFromServer(StreamRemoteCall.java:255)
> > > >> > > >

> sun.rmi.transport.StreamRemoteCall.executeCall(StreamRemoteCall.java:233)
Source)

> org.ops4j.pax.exam.rbc.client.intern.RemoteBundleContextClientImpl.getRemoteBundleContext(RemoteBundleContextClientImpl.java:263)
> > > >> > > >

> org.ops4j.pax.exam.rbc.client.intern.RemoteBundleContextClientImpl.waitForState(RemoteBundleContextClientImpl.java:234)
> > > >> > > >

> org.apache.karaf.tooling.exam.container.internal.KarafTestContainer.waitForState(KarafTestContainer.java:599)
> > > >> > > >

> org.apache.karaf.tooling.exam.container.internal.KarafTestContainer.start(KarafTestContainer.java:183)
> > > >> > > >

> org.ops4j.pax.exam.spi.reactors.AllConfinedStagedReactor.invoke(AllConfinedStagedReactor.java:67)

unit test class
> > using
> > like
> debugger