karaf-dev mailing list archives

From Jean-Baptiste Onofré ...@nanthrax.net>
Subject Re: Tab Completion Trunk
Date Fri, 27 Sep 2013 12:45:36 GMT
I get your point.

The purpose of subshell is to avoid a huge number of commands,
especially when you type <TAB>.

Imagine when you add Camel, CXF, and other projects in Karaf: it's not
easy with the bunch of commands displayed.

In any case, if you know the commands, you can still use actual command
(like bundle:start, bundle:stop), no need to go into the subshell.

However, it's fair enough to start a discussion:

[1] I prefer to use subshell with completion on subshell
[2] I prefer to use subshell with global complete for all commands

Let see what the other users prefer.

Regards
JB