karaf-dev mailing list archives

From David Bosschaert <david.bosscha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Build failure on Karaf trunk...
Date Fri, 25 Oct 2013 16:31:51 GMT
Just rebuilt using a fresh new .m2 on OSX, but am still getting the
same error. Although the NoSuchMethodError reports being on
org.codehaus.plexus.util.cli.CommandLineUtils I wonder could it have
something to do that I'm using Java 1.6 on OSX? My successful build on
Linux was with 1.7...

Cheers,

David

On 25 October 2013 17:06, David Bosschaert <david.bosschaert@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hmmm... I just tried mvn 3.0.5 on both OSX as well as on a fresh Linux
> (Fedora) machine.
> Linux passes OSX fails... Time to whack the .m2 directory ...
>
> On 25 October 2013 16:59, Andreas Pieber <anpieber@gmail.com> wrote:
>> 3.1.x does not work by now. Since the karaf plugin does not use the
>> abstraction layer this terribly fails with the new maven version --> 3.0.x
>> should work
>>
>> Kind regards,
>> Andreas
>>

>> On Fri, Oct 25, 2013 at 5:37 PM, David Bosschaert <
>> david.bosschaert@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> I was actually using the default mvn install on my system which is 3.0.3.
>>> I just tried with 3.1.1 which gives me a slightly similar error (below).
>>>
>>> What Maven version should work?
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>>
>>> David
>>>
>>> The error with maven 3.1.1:
>>> [ERROR] Failed to execute goal
>>>
>>> org.apache.karaf.tooling:karaf-maven-plugin:3.0.0-SNAPSHOT:features-generate-descriptor
>>> (compile) on project framework: Execution compile of goal
>>>
>>> org.apache.karaf.tooling:karaf-maven-plugin:3.0.0-SNAPSHOT:features-generate-descriptor
>>> failed: Unable to load the mojo 'features-generate-descriptor' (or one
>>> of its required components) from the plugin
>>> 'org.apache.karaf.tooling:karaf-maven-plugin:3.0.0-SNAPSHOT':
>>> com.google.inject.ProvisionException: Guice provision errors: