karaf-dev mailing list archives

From Jean-Baptiste Onofré ...@nanthrax.net>
Subject Re: JDBC Feature
Date Sat, 18 Jan 2014 09:52:32 GMT
Hi Benjamin,

if you take a deeper look, you will see that Karaf JDBC uses Aries
(blueprint and transaction).

Template files uses blueprint. The generic template uses DBCP, the other
templates use specific database/JDBC driver capability. But it's only
template, you can deploy your own datasource definition.

The Karaf JDBC module provides what is not in Aries: management of
datasource, JDBC service, MBean and shell commands.

So it's not different, it's a complement.

Regards
JB

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré