karaf-dev mailing list archives

From Jean-Baptiste Onofré ...@nanthrax.net>
Subject Re: JDBC Feature
Date Sat, 18 Jan 2014 14:30:10 GMT
This is different: aries.transaction.jdbc allows you to create a
"standard" datasource using a xadatasource.

It doesn't provide any datasource (you have to provide at least a XA
Datasource).

It's not the same usage.

Where we can see an overlap it's in term of pooling as the Aries
RecoverableDataSource provide a pooling (using the Aries
ConnectionManagerFactory). That's true. But again, we can add a template
"Aries DataSource" that wrap a XADataSource to create a pooled
datasource. But you need the XADataSource ;)

Regards
JB

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré