karaf-dev mailing list archives

From Jean-Baptiste Onofré ...@nanthrax.net>
Subject Re: karaf pull request: [KARAF-2395] Make karaf-maven-plugin usable with Maven ...
Date Fri, 24 Jan 2014 14:04:13 GMT
Thanks Grzegorz for the pull request, I gonna take a look on that.

Regards
JB

On 01/24/2014 09:34 AM, grgrzybek wrote:
> GitHub user grgrzybek opened a pull request:
>
>      https://github.com/apache/karaf/pull/24
>
>      [KARAF-2395] Make karaf-maven-plugin usable with Maven 3.1 and 3.0
>
>      Mojos use available Aether subsystem (Sonatype or Eclipse) by looking at what's
>      available in PlexusContainer.
>
>      It's easy to add Maven deps for both Sonatype and Eclipse versions of Aether, but
it's not that easy to depend on both `maven-core:3.0.3` and `maven-core:3.1.0+`.

>      Mojos don't get particular Aether component autowired directly by type - the can
however get autowired entire `PlexusContainer`. We the look at the available Aether subsystem
and the use a `DependencyHelper` layer to access Aether (both Sonatype and Eclipse).

>      `karaf-maven-plugin` may use `maven-core` API directly for Sonatype version of Aether
(for dependency on `maven-core:3.0.3`, but it also can use Eclipse Aether and the methods
from Maven API which reference Eclipse Aether when used with Maven 3.1.0+ - it however requires
a bit of reflection.

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org