karaf-dev mailing list archives

From "Jamie G." <jamie.goody...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Karaf runs slower in Intel Socx 1000 board.
Date Thu, 18 Dec 2014 12:02:09 GMT
Hi RK,

Can you provide a few more details on the environment?

Operating System version.
JVM vendor and version

Can you tell us a little more about the system resources? How much
memory, disc speed, quantity of CPU. Have you made any modifications
to the setenv or karaf scripts to help the system handle low
resources?

I've been working with Karaf on smaller devices (RPi), but have not
worked directly with an Intel Socx 1000 board. I do have an Intel
Edison on order, however it has yet to arrive. I'm assuming you're
working on a Galileo?

In regards to Jaxb marshall/unmarshalling, you may want to look into
pooling the resources to avoid the expensive setup of the marshaller.

Cheers,
Jamie