karaf-dev mailing list archives

From Mane-EXTERNAL Prithivraj <Prithviraj.Mane-EXTER...@gemalto.com>
Subject Need help realted to Jasypt ecryption in Karaf
Date Wed, 24 Dec 2014 14:04:24 GMT
Hi ,

We are using Jasypt encryption on Karaf  server on unix  server .
Current  blueprint configuration  file looks  like

<ext:property-placeholder>
    <ext:location>file:etc/db.properties</ext:location>
  </ext:property-placeholder>

  <enc:property-placeholder>
    <enc:encryptor class="org.jasypt.encryption.pbe.StandardPBEStringEncryptor">
      <property name="config">
        <bean class="org.jasypt.encryption.pbe.config.EnvironmentStringPBEConfig">
          <property name="algorithm" value="PBEWithMD5AndDES" />
          <property name="passwordEnvName" value="DB_PWD" />
        </bean>
      </property>
    </enc:encryptor>
  </enc:property-placeholder>

We have mentioned encrypted values   in db.properties.
It is working fine if we  set  DB_PWD as environment variable .

Due to  some restriction we can't set this value in  environment variable and  we  want  password
 (DB_PWD) should  be sourced dynamically  i.e. instead of mentioning value in environment
variable I  want it should be configured in some *.properties file.
Is there  any way  supported for this ?

Thanks,
Prithvi

This message and any attachments are intended solely for the addressees and may contain confidential
information. Any unauthorized use or disclosure, either whole or partial, is prohibited.
E-mails are susceptible to alteration. Our company shall not be liable for the message if
altered, changed or falsified. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, please
delete it and notify the sender.
Although all reasonable efforts have been made to keep this transmission free from viruses,
the sender will not be liable for damages caused by a transmitted virus.