karaf-dev mailing list archives

From Guillaume Nodet <gno...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Change in the lib directory
Date Thu, 19 Feb 2015 10:08:45 GMT

> Hi Guillaume,
>
> as somebody who put stuff to lib, I discovered that karaf* magic myself.
>
> I think lib/system is more explicit. But then I would prefer if all
> jars there are added to the JVM classpath, not only karaf*.

Yes, definitely, sorry to not have been more clear, but that was definitely
the idea.  So instead of having special karaf* jars, it would simply load
all jars in lib/system.

> Also worth noting: I have not found a nice way to include the JVM
> tools.jar (pre Java 9) onto the classpath without patching the
> karaf.sh. Not sure if this is a karaf use-case and it could be simpler
> (tools.jar is tricky and actually going away with 9)

I'm sure we can find a solution, but it seems to me that there are still a
lot
of stuff that is missing or bound to change in Java 9 ...