karaf-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Jamie G." <jamie.goody...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Karaf 4.0.0.M2 technology preview.
Date Tue, 10 Feb 2015 11:29:29 GMT
If non-snapshot versions can be made available in short order I'd be
very happy to re-cut this RC. The motivation behind this tech-preview
was to get feed back as quickly as possible.

As discussed on dev thread
the various Snapshots may take several weeks to all be available. Kind
of leaves us between a rock, and a hard place - delay the 4.0.0.M2 by
several weeks, or just get a heavily documented 'do not use in
production' RC out there for user feed back.

My hopes is that this M2 release helps get us closer to the real GA sooner :)


On Tue, Feb 10, 2015 at 7:49 AM, Guillaume Nodet <gnodet@apache.org> wrote:
> I tend to -1 this release as we have some snapshot dependencies which may
> make our users life harder.
> We have 3 snapshots dependencies on felix, pax-cdi and jolokia.
> I can start the release process for the felix ones today, not sure about
> pax-cdi and jolokia.
> Guillaume
> 2015-02-10 12:02 GMT+01:00 Jamie G. <jamie.goodyear@gmail.com>:
>> Hi,
>> We have 196 issues resolved on our way towards Apache Karaf 4.0.0 GA
>> release. This is a technology preview, as such there will be features
>> and other functionality not yet implemented. Please refrain from using
>> this particular RC in production.
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12311140&version=12329322
>> Staging repository:
>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachekaraf-1023/
>> Release git tags:
>> 4.0.0.M2
>> Please vote to approve this release:
>> [ ] +1 Approve the release
>> [ ] -1 Veto the release (please provide specific comments)
>> This vote will be open for 72 hours.

View raw message