karaf-dev mailing list archives

From Guillaume Nodet <gno...@apache.org>
Subject Fwd: Clean up karaf-maven-plugin goals
Date Thu, 16 Apr 2015 14:49:17 GMT
I created KARAF-3671 for this discussion.

I'm proposing the following:
  * remove features-add-to-repository goal
  * remove the features-validate-descriptor
  * rename install-kars goal to *assembly*
  * rename instance-create-archive to *archive*
  * rename verify-features to *verify*
  * rename  features-create-kar to *kar*

The other goals are:
  * features-export-meta-data
  * features-generate-descriptor
  * commands-generate-help
and we'd have to find names more

I'm not really sure the features-generate-descriptor is widely used.  Is it
?

For the naming, another option is to keep the [resource]-[action] idiom:
  * assembly-create
  * assembly-archive
  * kar-create
  * commands-generate-help
  * features-verify
  * features-generate-descriptor
  * features-export-meta-data

The first option seems more inline with usual maven plugins, and they look
nicer to me, but I don't really mind.
Thoughts ?