karaf-dev mailing list archives

From Milen Dyankov <milendyan...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Remove features lifecycle in K4
Date Tue, 14 Apr 2015 09:12:30 GMT
I was thing about something like 3 base functionalities (with respect to
configured repositories):

feature:install  - installs a feature, all sub-featirues, bundles, ... (I
guess nothing needs to change here)
feature:remove - removes the feature only. All sub-features, bundles, are
not touched! Perhaps there could be "-r" option to remove sub-features as
well but bundles will always remain unchanged
feature:list - shows bundles installed by a feature * even if the feature
is not installed *
bundle:provided-by - shows features that install that bundle (even if those
are not currently installed)

Given those above one could then script / develop all kind of helper
command / tools. Like for example :

autoclean - removes all bundles that were (1) installed as part of a
feature which was removed and (2) no other feature point to them
forced-remove - removes all bundles that were installed by given feature
even if in use

Does it make sense?

--
http://about.me/milen