karaf-dev mailing list archives

From Milen Dyankov <milendyan...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Remove features lifecycle in K4
Date Tue, 14 Apr 2015 09:35:08 GMT
Hi Jean-Baptiste,

perhaps I don't understand what is discussed here and what you meant by "remove
the features lifecycle commands".

Just wanted to share my point of view regarding features. That is, I see
features as deployment option (get needed bundles in place) and not as
bundle lifecycle batch management option. Or to follow up with my linux
example, one will do "apt-get install mysql" which will install also a
bunch of other things apart form mysql itself. But one does not do "apt-get
start/stop mysql" because that does not make sense. So if those are the
commands you think of removing then that's fine with me (although a bundle
start/stop batch job based on feature as grouping option is nice to have in
some cases)
But what is more important for me personally is to be able to tell how a
bundle was installed (stand alone or via feature). AFAIK this is not
something provided in K3

Best,
Milen

--