karaf-dev mailing list archives

From Jean-Baptiste Onofré ...@nanthrax.net>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache Karaf Cave 4.0.0 release
Date Tue, 07 Jul 2015 21:14:42 GMT
Hi Achim:

1/ Cave is now an OSGi Repository R5 impl, so cave:repository-install
doesn't register in OBR but start the Repository service. You can
install the repository by hand using obr:add-url
2/ for the m2 repository, I found some bundles for which Cave has
difficulties to create the metadata (I created the Jira)

Regards
JB

On 07/07/2015 11:10 PM, Achim Nierbeck wrote:
> might be because my .m2 repo is kinda "dirty" but I can't create a cave
> repo from it.
> Therefore the cave:repository-install doesn't install the repo as obr
> repository.
> If I add the generated xml as obr repository manually it works.
> Same with installing from the obr and calling obr:info for a certain
> bundle, seems to work.
>

> +1 (binding)
>
> regards, Achim

>> +1 (non binding)
>>
>> Christian
>>

>> Am 03.07.2015 um 19:56 schrieb Jean-Baptiste Onofré:
>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> I submit Apache Karaf Cave 4.0.0 release to your vote.
>>>
>>> This major new Cave branch provides a complete OSGi Repository
>>> implementation, adding features like complete Maven repository, REST API,
>>> etc on top of it.
>>>
>>> Karaf Cave 4.x is the perfect complement of the new Karaf features
>>> resolver introduced in Karaf 4.0.0.
>>>
>>> Release Note:
>>>
>>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12311140&version=12332260
>>>
>>> Staging Repository:
>>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachekaraf-1035/
>>>
>>> Git tag:
>>> cave-4.0.0
>>>
>>> Please vote to approve this release:
>>>
>>> [ ] +1 Approve the release
>>> [ ] -1 Do not approve the release (please provide specific comments)
>>>
>>> This vote will be open for 72 hours.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Regards

--