karaf-dev mailing list archives

From Jean-Baptiste Onofré ...@nanthrax.net>
Subject Re: [DISCUSSION] Karaf Boot
Date Thu, 10 Sep 2015 08:01:08 GMT
Hi Christian,

maybe you missed some topics in my previous e-mail:

1/ I don't want to do injection: I want to create a new injection
framework, I just want to provide the plumbing for this framework (in my
case, I just create blueprint XML using the annotation at build time,
not runtime). Even if you use DS/SCR, blueprint, etc, you have a bunch
of resources to write (valid pom.xml, blueprint.xml, component xml,
etc). The purpose is to simplify this, and even hide this to final
developers.

2/ The karaf-boot-starter purpose is exactly to create a startable
artifact with all config.

We already have maven archetype, but again, you have to write some
plumbing. My goal is to allow developers to focus on their core business
code, and delegate all plumbing to karaf-boot.

Regards
JB

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré