karaf-dev mailing list archives

From Jean-Baptiste Onofré ...@nanthrax.net>
Subject Re: [DISCUSSION] Karaf Boot
Date Thu, 10 Sep 2015 14:53:18 GMT
Hi Guillaume,

thanks for your feedback.

I fully agree about providing more high level annotations (it's what I
do with @jpa, @rest, @soap, @jta annotations).

I agree that the current annotations are too low level, and blueprint
"oriented". I just move forward a bit with the current codebase, just to
illustrate karaf-boot usage in the samples.

But again, you are right, and I will create a new annotations set.

One of the purpose of karaf-boot annotations is to "abstract" the actual
code/artifact that we generate. So, if now we generate blueprint,
without changing the karaf-boot annotations, we will be able to generate
something else (why not SCR, etc).

I agree with a BOM, but I think it's interesting to provide both:
- providing a ready to use parent pom allows developers to create a very
simple pom.xml where all plugins and dependencies are already defined
- for more advanced devs, they can create their own pom.xml starting
from the BOM or archetype.

Thanks again for your feedback !

Regards
JB