karaf-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>
Subject Re: [DISCUSSION] Karaf Boot
Date Thu, 10 Sep 2015 17:05:16 GMT
One concern I have with the approach of providing all in one is that it
does not give the user flexibility.
The pom will be tied to specific versions of aries, cxf, karaf.

If you then need a new cxf version it can be even more complicated than
without karaf boot.
There is also the difficulty of supporting changes in dependent projects
over time. For example in maven-blueprint-plugin I have create different
xml for aries jpa 1.x or 2.x.
So I think in the long run it does not work with the key trun approach.

While people do not need this flexibility at the start they need it once
they have grown a bit.
Approaches like spring roo that create resources and change them work
better in that regard as the user still has full control over the end
result.

In any case I am looking forward to see your implementation in action.

Christian