karaf-dev mailing list archives

From Jean-Baptiste Onofré ...@nanthrax.net>
Subject Re: [DISCUSSION] Karaf Boot
Date Sat, 12 Sep 2015 16:22:27 GMT
Hi Gary,

Your point about the Jira is fair, but this remark applies to any
project. My point is that unfortunately, all our efforts are nothing if
we don't provide tooling for developer users. It's really frustrating to
get feedback like "Karaf is awesome, but I prefer other (like
spring-boot) just because is simpler to start with".

My goal is not the Karaf starter/bootstrapper first (by the way, I
already have karaf:run ready on one of my branches), it's first a set of
BoM, samples and documentation to quickly start "key turn" artifacts.
Actually, part of karaf-boot came when I work (and still working ;)) on
the Karaf developer guide.

I bet your spent lot of time and efforts on choosing the right
programming model, setup your modules, etc. That's my concern: it can be
long and sometime complex.

Regards
JB