karaf-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>
Subject Re: [DISCUSSION] Karaf Boot
Date Sun, 13 Sep 2015 17:51:28 GMT
The CDI and JEE annotations are exactly taylored to the enterprise use
cases. I doubt that we can create better ones.
Abstracting away from the technology can only mean you introduce another
layer of indirection. This can only make sense if the underlying
technology is crappy which I think is not the case.

I am looking forward to see what you propose but I think reinventing the
whole set of annotations will probably not be the way to go. We saw this
path in the karaf 4 commands and I think the result is not good.
Instead I propose we look at the annotations and examples you provide
and think how they could be implemented with existing standards + a
minimal set of additional
annotations that fit well into an existing technology.

Christian