karaf-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>
Subject Re: [DISCUSSION] Introduction to OSGi powered by Apache Karaf
Date Sun, 13 Sep 2015 19:44:46 GMT
I think the main arguments for karaf are the console, the maven
integration and the support for a wide range of Apache and other
projects out of the box like
ActiveMQ, CXF, Camel, Aries, Hibernate, Eclipselink, OpenJPA, pax exam,
pax cdi, pax jdbc. Of course you can not look into these in detail in an
hour but you can
show how easy it is to install some of these especially with the
repo-add aliases.

Something that might work well is to prepare a very small application
that shows how to combine some of the above projects. For all OSGi
projects outside karaf integrating all these project is a really big
challenge.

For example I showed a little karaf application with a web UI, rest
service (CXF) and twitter integration (Camel) some time ago:
https://github.com/cschneider/Karaf-Tutorial/tree/master/voting
https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1990fWP3I0-WN2ZRiOJQY2o_HdAkIWmArPRDc_122dF0/

Christian

On 13.09.2015 21:15, Krzysztof Sobkowiak wrote:
> Hi
>
> Assume you have 1 hour for a talk and you would like to show the Java developers what
OSGi is and how Karaf can simplify the life while developing the OSGi application. Which topics
would you include in this talk?

--
Christian Schneider
http://www.liquid-reality.de