karaf-dev mailing list archives

From Milen Dyankov <milendyan...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DISCUSSION] Introduction to OSGi powered by Apache Karaf
Date Mon, 14 Sep 2015 09:13:20 GMT
You have 2 steps presentation then ;)

*what OSGi is *

Bundle resolving lifecycle, requirements and capabilities, service
registry, whiteboard pattern, config admin, ... Basically those things that
make OSGi unique. If you wish to compare with microservices you may have a
look at
http://www.slideshare.net/MilenDyankov1/liferay7-microservices4enterprise
It's not state of the art deck but may give some ideas.

*how Karaf can simplify the life  *

Definitely features. Both form "easy to install applications with complex
dependency graphs" and "easy to create your own features" perspective. I
would also mention instances and perhaps clustering with cellar. Obviously
the console and the fact that you can ssh directly inside you application
(even though you can do that with plain Felix/Equinox too) and script
things.

Best,
Milen

--