karaf-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>
Subject Re: Adding Karaf Support for Karaf
Date Mon, 12 Oct 2015 18:44:15 GMT
Can you tell a bit more about the concepts in Tamaya?

In OSGi the configuration is managed mainly by the ConfigurationAdmin
service. We use felix fileinstall together with felix configadmin to
provide configurations backed by a file system.
Config Admin can be queried but mainly configuration is pushed to bundles.

You can look into some of my tutorials :
http://liquid-reality.de/display/liquid/2011/09/23/Karaf+Tutorial+Part+2+-+Using+the+Configuration+Admin+Service
http://liquid-reality.de/display/liquid/2011/09/26/Karaf+Tutorial+Part+3+-+Improving+configuration+editing+using+the+OSGI+Metatype+Service+and+the+Felix+Webconsole

This is also related:
http://njbartlett.name/2015/08/17/osgir6-declarative-services.html