karaf-dev mailing list archives

From Jean-Baptiste Onofré ...@nanthrax.net>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Create and provide karaf-boot plugin
Date Wed, 14 Oct 2015 18:26:17 GMT
Hi Achim,

thanks for the feedback and great idea for a custom Karaf distro "code
oriented": it's what I have in mind by "embedded mode" which comes just
after the distro. Definitely a good idea.

+1

Regards
JB

On 10/14/2015 08:21 PM, Achim Nierbeck wrote:
> Hi JB,
>
> thanks for the update, this is pretty much what I had in mind when I talked
> about BOM poms :-)
> Now one more thing to put on your list.
> Generate a custom Karaf out of a karaf-boot-* sample.
> For example take the karaf-boot-sample-servlet.
> If I wanted to build a custom Karaf with that it would need again some
> extra dependencies etc.
> This is going to be very interesting as the feature for "WEB" is within the
> std. feature but you would needed to
> add the "war" feature to the list of bootfeatures of the
> karaf-maven-plugin.
>
> For this I would like to propose to add an extra "feature-descriptor" to
> the karaf-boot-starter-web project.
> For example a profile.cfg in src/main/resources/META-INF/profiles/ with
> maybe the additional requirements like jetty.xml etc.
> so this profile can be found by the karaf-boot maven plugin to generate a
> custom Karaf out of this profile.
> The most interesting thing will be to actually combine a bunch of those
> profilles into one custom Karaf based upon the combination of different
> karaf-boot-starter-* BOMs.
>
> regards, Achim

>> Hi all,
>>
>> just an update about karaf-boot.
>>
>> The current work in progress is still there:
>>
>> https://github.com/jbonofre/karaf-boot
>>
>> I've completely refactored the prototype according to the discussion that
>> we had.
>>
>> The current status show the usage with simple samples.
>>
>> Here's the TODO list:
>> - add support of persistence.xml generation
>> - add support of osgi.bnd file in karaf-boot-maven-plugin
>> - extend the karaf-boot-maven-plugin execution by embedding addition plugin
>> - complete samples, especially jpa, rest, itest, samples
>> - provide a complete demo project
>> - add the embedded mode support
>>
>> Any help, feedback, spits, proposals, are welcome ;)
>>
>> Regards
>> JB
>>

>> On 04/27/2015 04:03 PM, Jean-Baptiste Onofré wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> On a local branch, I worked on some new goals for the
>>> karaf-maven-plugin, especially:
>>>
>>> karaf:run to easily bootstrap and start a Karaf instance
>>> karaf:deploy to upload (scp) the project artifact (or a given artifact)
>>> in the deploy folder or the system folder (respecting the maven structure)
>>> karaf:client to connect to a running Karaf instance and execute commands
>>>
>>> I would like to add a new plugin (more than a new goal):
>>>
>>> karaf-boot-maven-plugin
>>>
>>> with the boot goal.
>>>
>>> The purpose is easily:
>>> 1/ in the end user code module, build a karaf custom distribution
>>> including karaf standard distribution and the end user built application
>>> 2/ be able to easily include test with pax-exam
>>> 3/ provide a ready to run artifact
>>> 4/ provide a way to specify profiles or features to include in the

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org