karaf-dev mailing list archives

From Serge Huber <shu...@jahia.com>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Karaf marketing
Date Thu, 12 Nov 2015 10:51:31 GMT
Actually I have been working on an improved Felix Maven plugin that tries to do a lot more
scanning to improve the generation of Import-Packages, but for the moment it’s embedded
in the same plugin as our corporate Maven plugin. I would need to look at extracting it to
make it more generic and therefore re-usable.

Oh I found the project I was thinking about : http://www.eclipse.org/proposals/rt.ebr/

with the templates here : https://github.com/glyn/bundlerepo/tree/master/templates

Unfortunately it is not very active since Spring dropped it.

cheers,
  Serge…

> On 12 nov. 2015, at 11:07, Christian Schneider <chris@die-schneider.net> wrote:
>
> That might be interesting. Perhaps you can provide some examples what could be useful
in karaf in form of blog posts or similar.

> The problem though is that the spring people do not really support OSGi. So while we
might get it working it could break with any new version.

> Christian
>
> On 12.11.2015 11:04, Serge Huber wrote:
>> Actually I wasn’t talking about the Spring Framework, for which I see no use inside
of Karaf, quite the opposite :)

>> I was merely talking about all the other libraries that they offer here : http://spring.io/projects
>>
>> At my company we get the request almost daily on how to integrate these (or others)
with OSGi bundles. People are ready to try, but they get easily scared when they can’t get
it to work. And usually it’s not that difficult but it’s beyond their current experience
level.