karaf-dev mailing list archives

From lb <lburgazz...@gmail.com>
Subject KARAF-2734
Date Wed, 18 Nov 2015 10:47:11 GMT
Hi all,

I'm investigating KARAF-2734 as I'm looking for alternatives to Tanuki JSW
to install Karaf as a service so I did a little bit of investigation about
YAJSW (http://yajsw.sourceforge.net/) as it claims to be functional and
configuration compatible for Tanuki JSW, here my initial findings:

- hosted on sourceforge
- uses JNA for OS interactions
- provides Java API for embed it
- latest version not on maven central etc (asked on sourceforge forum)
- some code is still licensed as LGPL (asked on sourceforge forum)
- some source code from external dependencies is also in the repository so
some classes seem to be duplicated
- depends on some not release dependencies (i.e. commons-cli 2)
- requires the YAJSW distribution to be provided as the wrapper search for
libraries in specific paths (asked on sourceforge if an uber jar can be
made)

About the lates point, the wrapper entry point is in wrapper.jar which then
loads all the dependencies it needs according to the information included
in MANIFEST, i.e. core libraries are defined by the entry
Class-Path-Wrapper-Core :

Class-Path-Wrapper-Core: ./wrapperApp.jar ./lib/core/yajsw/ahessian.ja
 r ./lib/core/netty/netty-all-4.0.28.Final.jar ./lib/core/jna/jna-4.1.
 0.jar ./lib/core/jna/jna-platform-4.1.0.jar ./lib/core/commons/common
 s-configuration-1.10.jar ./lib/core/commons/commons-vfs2-2.0.jar ./li
 b/core/commons/commons-collections-3.2.1.jar ./lib/core/commons/commo
 ns-io-1.3.1.jar ./lib/core/commons/commons-lang-2.4.jar ./lib/core/co
 mmons/commons-logging-1.1.jar ./lib/core/commons/commons-cli-2-SNAPSH
 OT.jar

This means that to be included in Karaf the structure of YAJSW distribution
has to be replicated somehow or the wrapper.jar has to be manipulated to
point to jars in system folder.

What do you think ?

Regads,
Luca