karaf-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>
Subject Re: bnd files in Decanter Project
Date Fri, 12 Feb 2016 11:28:43 GMT
On 12.02.2016 11:46, Milen Dyankov wrote:
> For the record (in case you find some public evidence of me arguing the
> opposite) some time ago I was totally against using bnd.bnd files. After
> being kind of forced to do it for a while, I realized it doesn't really
> make any difference in the effort that it takes to maintain those and at
> the same time provides clearer separation of concerns. So I changed my mind
> :) !
Interestingly I have the same experience. I first hit bnd.bnd files in
some pax projects and thought they were a strange way to configure the OSGi
setup. So at this time I was also rather against it. The more I worked
on it in pax and also while I did some experiments in bndtools the more
I liked the
style of bnd files. At some point then I migrated the Aries JPA project
to it and I really like the result.

Christian

--
Christian Schneider