karaf-dev mailing list archives

From Jean-Baptiste Onofré ...@nanthrax.net>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache Karaf Decanter 1.1.0 release
Date Wed, 30 Mar 2016 16:13:43 GMT
Hi Achim:

1. Extracted from the documentation:

"
As Kibana 4 stores all resources (queries, visualization charts,
dashboards) in Elasticsearch, we can’t provide default dashboards "out
of the box".

First, create a default index (in Settings→Indices) just containing * as
pattern.

However, we provide a decanter.json file that you can import in Kibana
(in the Settings→Objects menu).

When you install the kibana 4.x feature, it automatically provides the
decanter.json file in the Apache Karaf etc folder. In Kibana, you can
directly import using etc/decanter.json file.

Once decanter.json has been imported, you will see default dashboards
provided by Decanter.
"

You can see: "first create a default instance just containing * as
pattern", then "import etc/decanter.json".

Unfortunately, as Kibana 4.x stores all configuration in elasticsearch,
it's the minimum steps to perform. Kibana 3.x directly reads the
configuration from the json (not from elasticsearch), that's why I
shipped default dashboards "easily").

Regards
JB

--