karaf-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>
Subject Re: Where to put eventadmin commands in source tree
Date Tue, 01 Mar 2016 17:48:57 GMT
I already have a service in my current code and the command. A JMX bean
could also be placed there. So I think it is not the case that I want to
split the "karaf" service from the events and the commands. I rather want
to split the eventadmin impl from the karaf specific service, commands and
jmx.

So I followed the style when service, command and jmx are together. To make
sure it is not confused with eventadmin I proposed to name the module just
event.
Does that make sense?

Christian

> Hi Christian,
>
> How are the other commands placed?
> I'd stick to the convention used now. And don't forget about the jmx beans,
> other commands are always also available as jmx beans.
>
> Regards, Achim
>
> sent from mobile device
> Am 01.03.2016 5:45 nachm. schrieb "Christian Schneider" <
> chris@die-schneider.net>:
>
> > I am currently writing some commands for events like event:tail.
> >
> > As the code catches all events and then shows them like log:tail I do not
> > want to put this into the eventadmin bundle.
> > The eventadmin bundle itself is in the path services/eventadmin. Most
> > other karaf modules are on top level.
> >
> > I propose to create the new bundle as event on top level. Is that ok or
> > does anyone have a better place.
> >
> > I also plan to create a separate feature so the bundle it is not always
> > installed together with eventadmin.
> >
> > Christian
> >
> > --
> > Christian Schneider