karaf-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>
Subject Re: AW: Feedback for Canceling Decanter 1.1.0
Date Mon, 04 Apr 2016 15:15:37 GMT
On 04.04.2016 10:13, Oliver Wulff wrote:
> Hi JB
>
> What you bring is right but users may have different standpoint: lot of
> people just wants to use decanter as a blackbox solution with
> elasticsearch and kibana embedded.
> I understand this point but we should at least mention in the documentation that it's
not the recommended approach to emebed an elasticsearch node within a JVM.

> Thanks
> Oli

I fully agree to add a warning. For demos it makes sense to embed es and
kibana but for production it is not a good idea.
I think for production it might make sense to co locate an elastic
search node on the same machine but I would not do it in the same vm.

Christian

--
Christian Schneider
http://www.liquid-reality.de