karaf-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com.INVALID>
Subject Re: [karaf-boot] New plugin system POC
Date Thu, 12 May 2016 08:02:06 GMT
I’m not that up on git links to classes, but the ways in to the code are from

aQute.bnd.metatype.MetatypeAnnotations
and
aQute.bnd.component.DSAnnotations

in bndlib.  The “magic” annotation processing happens in AnnotationReader and OCDReader
doXmlAttribute methods.  The magic meta-annotation has some documentation, aQute.bnd.annotation.xml.XMLAttribute

You may want to consider adding extender requirements, I’m not sure how many of these things
like JPA have spec namespaces or requirements.  On the other hand I don’t know if any JPA
packagings claim a kind of JPA capability.

hope this helps…. I’ll try to answer more questions after you’ve taken a look.

david jencks

> On May 12, 2016, at 12:47 AM, Christian Schneider <chris@die-schneider.net> wrote:
>
> Sounds interesting. Can you give some pointers to the respective code?
>
> Christian
>
> On 12.05.2016 09:44, David Jencks wrote:
>> I don’t quite understand what you are trying to do, but…
>>
>> You should write this as a bnd plugin.  Judging by the jpa sample you show I think
the  (spec, not bnd proprietary) dsannotations and metatypeannotations processors in bnd would
be good models to copy.  Both of these scan classes in the bundle under construction and generate
xml documents that go in the bundle and manifest headers from them.  I’m not sure if it’s
applicable to your use but Peter had this neat idea for a meta annotation that can be used
on third part annotations to add additional other-namespace attributes into the generated
document.  I use it (publicly) for the the felix ds extension attributes (DSExt annotation
in  the felix scr-ext-anno project.