karaf-dev mailing list archives

From Łukasz Dywicki <l...@code-house.org>
Subject Re: Hawto declare MBean using Blueprint on karaf 3.0.X ?
Date Wed, 11 May 2016 08:10:18 GMT
Dear sekaijin,
You are right - 2.3.x and earlier versions of Karaf internally used org.apache.karaf.management.MBeanRegistrer
for all JMX related stuff. This class was visible to everyone and could be referenced from
user bundles.

Starting from 3.x Karaf switched to aries-jmx and uses whiteboard pattern to register mbeans.
It is much more handy cause you do not need to wait for MBeanServer reference in your configuration
and eventual failure of MBean registration will not block your bundle from starting up.

Best regards,
Lukasz
--
Apache Karaf Committer & PMC