karaf-dev mailing list archives

From Roedl Lukas <Lukas.Ro...@ait.ac.at>
Subject Karaf 4.0.x Custom distribution
Date Mon, 20 Jun 2016 10:48:32 GMT
Hi!

I'm currently trying to upgrade our custom distribution to the Karaf 4 way of doing things.
Unfortunately I'm experiencing some problems when compiling the assembly when the karaf-maven-plugin
tries to "Resolving features". The errors look like the following:

Failed to execute goal org.apache.karaf.tooling:karaf-maven-plugin:4.0.5:assembly (default-assembly)
on project asse
mbly: Unable to build assembly: Unable to resolve root: missing requirement [root] osgi.identity;
osgi.identity=home
r-core-minimal; type=karaf.feature; version=1.2.31.SNAPSHOT; filter:="(&(osgi.identity=homer-core-minimal)(type=kara
f.feature)(version>=1.2.31.SNAPSHOT))" [caused by: Unable to resolve homer-core-minimal/1.2.31.SNAPSHOT:
missing req
uirement [homer-core-minimal/1.2.31.SNAPSHOT] osgi.identity; osgi.identity=aries-blueprint;
type=karaf.feature] -> [
Help 1]

It seems to be caused by my features linking to features out of the Karaf "standard" or "enterprise"
features set. It's not only affecting "aries-blueprint" but also "log" or "eventadmin".
I setup a little test-project under [1] with the features file [2] and further maven configuration
to reproduce the errors.

Did anyone also experience such errors and knows how to solve them?
Can I overcome this issue using the "prerequisite" or "dependency" attribute for the linked
feature?
Is it ok to link against Karaf features or can/must I assume that the framework is properly
configured beforehand?

Thanks in advance,
Lukas

[1] https://github.com/roedll/homer-karaf4-assembly-test