karaf-dev mailing list archives

From ds3161 <ds...@cerner.com>
Subject Karaf 4, Docker, and Profiles
Date Tue, 26 Jul 2016 16:08:07 GMT
I read a blog post recently, and some threads related to it, where
Jean-Baptiste mentioned working with Docker and Karaf to create custom
distributions of apps using Karaf profiles.  I have need to do this as well
and would like some direction on how to accomplish this.  I have a working
Docker image of Karaf 4.x and now need to have the image automatically
deploy my application to it and get a set of configs for it.

1. Are Karaf Profiles documented anywhere?  I know it was a new feature in
4.x but I can't find anything in the Karaf doc and a google search produced
nothing of substance about how they work.

2. Are there any working examples of a Docker image/Dockerfile using a Karaf
base image and profiles to create a functioning Docker container of a
karaf-deployed app?