karaf-dev mailing list archives

From Cristiano Costantini <cristiano.costant...@gmail.com>
Subject Karaf 4: Deadlocks and Livelocks when installing features
Date Wed, 13 Jul 2016 15:00:15 GMT
Hi all,

Since I have updated to Karaf 4, sometime when I install a feature or when
Karaf starts with some specific combination of bootstrap features,
it happen that Karaf goes either in what it seems a Deadlock (Karaf hang
indefinitely and the feature is not installed) or a Livelock (same as
before but with CPU usage that jumps to 100%)

I'm not able to debug exactly and the effect is not always repeatable, some
time it don't works, some other it works.

Are there any current issue about the feature installation that may be the
cause of this behavior?

thank you for the help!

Cristiano

P.S. I define my features in a file with the namespace,
http://karaf.apache.org/xmlns/features/v1.4.0 so the I understand that
"feature resolver checks the service requirements/capabilities of bundles
for new features (xml schema >= 1.3.0) in order to automatically installs
the required bundles". What does this mean?