karaf-dev mailing list archives

From Fabian Lange <fabian.la...@codecentric.de>
Subject Removal of JaxBUtil ?
Date Thu, 14 Jul 2016 21:11:14 GMT
Hi,

i am looking into ways to trim down Karaf. I notices that Karaf uses JaxB
to parse features.xml - However this is the only application of JaxB.

Could somebody more involved help me to figure out if it is worth to
replace it with manual marshalling? I assume other xmls are parsed
differently?
Advantage would be that the whole jaxb infrastructure could be avoided,
including the contexts.

I know manual parsing is a pain, but anyway, just wanted to throw this out,
maybe somebody has a good suggestion.

Fabian
--
Fabian Lange | Performance Expert
mobil: +49 (0) 160.3673393

codecentric AG | Merscheider Straße 1 | 42699 Solingen | Deutschland

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Solingen | HRB 25917| Amtsgericht Wuppertal
Vorstand: Michael Hochgürtel . Mirko Novakovic . Rainer Vehns
Aufsichtsrat: Patric Fedlmeier (Vorsitzender) . Klaus Jäger . Jürgen Schütz