karaf-dev mailing list archives

From Achim Nierbeck <bcanh...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Karaf 4, Docker, and Profiles
Date Tue, 26 Jul 2016 19:10:35 GMT
Hi,

actually we're still lacking good documentation for profiles.
Never the less the way those profiles are supposed to work is quite similar
to features,
it uses property file syntax instead. Right now there are two different
ways of deploying profile-Karaf instances.
One which uses dynamic profiles and another one using static profiles for
build-time only.
You'll find examples of those in the demos/profiles folder of the Karaf
4.0.x.

regarding 2, I'm not aware of. I only build my own Karaf docker image[1] to
play around with in the past, but never explicitly using profiles.

regards, Achim

[1] -
https://github.com/ANierbeck/Karaf-Microservices-Tooling/tree/master/Karaf-Service-Docker