karaf-dev mailing list archives

From James Carman <ja...@carmanconsulting.com>
Subject [PROPOSAL] Changing the FeaturesService.installFeatures() API...
Date Mon, 01 Aug 2016 19:32:12 GMT
When implementing the fix for KARAF-4642, I noticed that the
FeaturesService's installFeatures() method takes a Set<String>
(Set<Feature> in 3.0.x).  I propose we change that when we can to
Iterable<String> to indicate that we will iterate through what they give us
and install them *in order*.  It would be a source compatible change, but
not a binary compatible change (existing folks will need to rebuild their
code).  This will allow the BootFeaturesInstaller to pass in a List<String>
instead of Set<String>.  The main issue here is that order is definitely
important when installing features.  What do you guys think?

James