karaf-dev mailing list archives

From Jean-Baptiste Onofré ...@nanthrax.net>
Subject Re: Towards Karaf (Container) 4.1.0
Date Mon, 30 Jan 2017 20:40:02 GMT
Fully agree ;)

On 01/30/2017 09:37 PM, Krzysztof Sobkowiak wrote:
> I understand what Christian means and it's a good idea - a set of simple examples showing
how easilly the beginner can use Karaf. It's a good material for something like "quick start
guide" part of the examples.
> We will also need more advanced section for more complicated examples and it would be
a good place for the OSGi samples.

> I think having samples for managed service and managed service factory with ds and blueprint
would be a good idea too.

> Kindly regards
> Krzysztof

>> Thanks for your feedback Krzysztof.
>>
>> I share your thoughts. Christian comment was more to put the beginners on the right
track as soon as they start.

>> I'm in favor of keeping OSGi samples (including config) as well.
>>
>> Let's see what the others will think.
>>
>> Regards
>> JB
>>
>> On 01/30/2017 09:18 PM, Krzysztof Sobkowiak wrote:
>>> I like the new examples. They will be a good starter for people who want to start
using Karaf.
>>> Personally I would keep the plain OSGi samples (maybe with a comment this is
a more advanced stuff or moving them to a section with advanced examples).
>>> I was often looking for a good sample how to do something good in plain OSGI.
It would be good to have them in Karaf examples

>>> Kindly regards
>>> Krzysztof

offered his help to update the examples.

the distribution for 4.1.1 release. As examples can be the key part to start with Karaf, it
makes sense to take time to polish a bit and provide a complete overview.

4.1.1 release and I'm starting 4.1.0 release.

So, you can create a

ActiveMQ, ...)
It's only a
the most elegant

> [...]
> [...]