karaf-dev mailing list archives

From Jean-Baptiste Onofré ...@nanthrax.net>
Subject Re: Towards Karaf (Container) 4.1.0
Date Sun, 29 Jan 2017 10:31:11 GMT
Hi all,

the problem is clearly an incompatible version of jline (resulting of
the update we did in Karaf 4.1.x). It breaks other projects which are
using directly jline (for completer for instance).

So, the other projects should be refactored (camel, activemq, ...) to
not relay on jline but Karaf (for the completer for instance).

Anyway, it means that Karaf 4.1.0 is not yet ready to support any other
projects.

So, I'm going to 4.1.0-M1 first and we will invite maximum of people to
test on this milestone in order to clearly identify the breaking changes
and provide max backward compatibility when possible.

I already changed the version in Jira and I will cut 4.1.0-M1 later today.

Regards
JB

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré