karaf-dev mailing list archives

From Oliver Lietz <apa...@oliverlietz.de>
Subject Re: Towards Karaf (Container) 4.1.0
Date Wed, 18 Jan 2017 11:20:39 GMT
On Thursday 05 January 2017 15:39:19 Jean-Baptiste Onofré wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> I started the updates and fixes for Karaf 4.1.0.
>
> As dependencies, we will need Pax Exam 4.10.0 and Pax Web 6.0.1. Achim
> and I will tackle this as it's pre-requisite for 4.1.0.
>
> I plan to create karaf-4.1.x branch next week for a release the
> following week.
>
> Thoughts ?

I would like to see full support for configurations in Felix Configuration
Admin format (.config). This feature is essential for Sling on Karaf as
several components require not only strings in configurations[1], but not
supported in .cfg format [2]. Support for this format in Pax Exam is under way
(PAXEXAM-805).

For downstream projects (like Sling), early pre-releases would be helpful for
transition. There was some uproar as I had to disable build jobs for
Sling/Karaf when switching to 4.1-SNAPSHOT ("no external snapshots policy") to
catch up with current Sling (requires R6).

Regards,
O.

[1] https://github.com/apache/sling/tree/trunk/karaf/org.apache.sling.karaf-configs/src/main/resources
[2] http://sling.apache.org/documentation/bundles/configuration-installer-factory.html