karaf-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Cosentino <ancosen1...@yahoo.com.INVALID>
Subject R: [PROPOSAL] Add convenient and "starter" examples in Karaf Container distribution
Date Sun, 15 Jan 2017 20:30:29 GMT
+1.
Thanks JB

  Il dom, 15 gen, 2017 alle 19:15, Jean-Baptiste Onofré<jb@nanthrax.net> ha scritto:
  Hi guys,

In the preparation for the Karaf 4.1.0 release, I'm working on the final
touches on the developer guide.

As part of this, I created simple example projects:
- Service with pure OSGi (registration/reference)
- Configuration management with ConfigAdmin service
- Configuration with ManagedService
- Configuration with ManagedServiceFactory
- Service with Blueprint (registration/reference)
- Service with DS/SCR (registration/reference)
- Create a custom Command
- Create a custom MBean
- Create a custom URL NamespaceHandler
- Logging custom appender
- Create a custom deployer
- Create a custom JAAS LoginModule
- Security realm usage
- Encryption service usage
- Create a servlet
- Create a WAB and use service
- Use Karaf JNDI
- Use and manipulate JDBC service
- Use and manipulate JMS service
- Use of JPA & JTA
- Use of CDI
- Use of CXF for WebServices (very quick and simple, README is
referencing CXF website/samples)
- Use of Camel in Karaf (very quick and simple, README is referencing
Camel website/samples)
- Profiles

I tried basically to list the most common questions/requests we got from
users when they start with Karaf.

These samples and new developer guide are already ready, I will create a
pull request tonight or Tuesday (I'm traveling tomorrow).

I did:
- a samples module containing those samples, including a README for each
sample
- moved the content of demo in samples (demo is removed)
- updated the developer guide based on README in those samples
- add new archetypes ("starter") to create the code of the samples too

The idea is to provide quick ways (starters) for end-users to start with
Karaf, providing practical samples. It's a first start/transition
waiting for Karaf Boot. However, as Karaf Boot

I plan to add the same things in Decanter (create custom collector,
appenders, alerters, ...) and Cellar (use of distribution map, DOSGi, ...).

Thoughts ?

Regards
JB
--