karaf-dev mailing list archives

From Jean-Baptiste Onofré ...@nanthrax.net>
Subject Re: Towards Karaf (Container) 4.1.0
Date Mon, 30 Jan 2017 18:14:29 GMT
I started to do the changes proposed by Christian, and Christian also
kindly offered his help to update the examples.

As I don't want to hold the 4.1.0 longer, I'm postponing the examples in
the distribution for 4.1.1 release. As examples can be the key part to
start with Karaf, it makes sense to take time to polish a bit and
provide a complete overview.

So, I moved KARAF-2511 (related to the examples in the distribution) to
Karaf 4.1.1 release and I'm starting 4.1.0 release.

Sorry again for the noise (just wanted to keep you posted about the last
progress).

Stay tuned tonight for the release vote e-mail.

Thanks !
Regards
JB

> Like discussed on IRC.
>
> The examples should be named sample or examples instead of starter.
> Starter would be confused with the spring boot meaning of starter.
> The blueprint and jpa examples are good.
>
> I would leave out the plain OSGi examples. For anything more complex the
> OSGi API is too difficult to use and leads beginners on the wrong track.
> Instead of the OSGi examples I propose to prepare DS examples and add
> them to the next karaf release.
>
> Christian

>> Agree for the examples in the distribution as well ?
>>
>> Regards
>> JB
>>
>> On 01/30/2017 02:37 PM, Christian Schneider wrote:
>>> I also think a 4.1.0 should be ok with the current status.
>>>
>>> We just need to document that some features like activemq might need the
>>> spring or enterprise legacy repos.
>>>
>>> Christian

Web 6.0.1.

--