karaf-dev mailing list archives

From Krzysztof Sobkowiak <krzys.sobkow...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Towards Karaf (Container) 4.1.0
Date Mon, 30 Jan 2017 20:37:08 GMT
I understand what Christian means and it's a good idea - a set of simple examples showing how
easilly the beginner can use Karaf. It's a good material for something like "quick start guide"
part of the examples.
We will also need more advanced section for more complicated examples and it would be a good
place for the OSGi samples.

I think having samples for managed service and managed service factory with ds and blueprint
would be a good idea too.

Kindly regards
Krzysztof

> Thanks for your feedback Krzysztof.
>
> I share your thoughts. Christian comment was more to put the beginners on the right track
as soon as they start.

> I'm in favor of keeping OSGi samples (including config) as well.
>
> Let's see what the others will think.
>
> Regards
> JB
>
> On 01/30/2017 09:18 PM, Krzysztof Sobkowiak wrote:
>> I like the new examples. They will be a good starter for people who want to start
using Karaf.
>> Personally I would keep the plain OSGi samples (maybe with a comment this is a more
advanced stuff or moving them to a section with advanced examples).
>> I was often looking for a good sample how to do something good in plain OSGI. It
would be good to have them in Karaf examples

>> Kindly regards
>> Krzysztof
>>
>> On 30.01.2017 19:14, Jean-Baptiste Onofré wrote:
>>> I started to do the changes proposed by Christian, and Christian also kindly
offered his help to update the examples.

>>> As I don't want to hold the 4.1.0 longer, I'm postponing the examples in the
distribution for 4.1.1 release. As examples can be the key part to start with Karaf, it makes
sense to take time to polish a bit and provide a complete overview.

>>> So, I moved KARAF-2511 (related to the examples in the distribution) to Karaf
4.1.1 release and I'm starting 4.1.0 release.

>>> Sorry again for the noise (just wanted to keep you posted about the last progress).
>>>
>>> Stay tuned tonight for the release vote e-mail.
>>>
>>> Thanks !
>>> Regards
>>> JB

ActiveMQ, ...)

> [...]