karaf-dev mailing list archives

From Jean-Baptiste Onofré ...@nanthrax.net>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache Karaf (Container) 4.1.1 release
Date Wed, 29 Mar 2017 06:03:10 GMT
Hi Stephan,

yes, it's a known issue, but we need a new jline release to be able to customize
the color scheme (and users will be able to do so as well). It should be
included in 4.1.2.

Regards
JB

On 03/29/2017 07:51 AM, Siano, Stephan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I don't think that this is a showstopper, but the release has still very strange console
color effects on windows:

> How to reproduce:
>
> 1. download the zip file from https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachekaraf-1090/org/apache/karaf/apache-karaf/4.1.1/
and unzip it somewhere on a Windows 10 system.
> 2. double click on bin/karaf.bat. The server will start and you will get a console
> 3. If you type anything into the console it will be dark red on black ground (which is
hardly readable). Once a command is complete, it will turn dark blue on black ground (which
is even more unreadable). Parameters entered to the commands are light grey on black ground,
but error messages are in the same almost unreadable red as the incomplete commands. I tried
to change the terminal background to white and the text to black but this only makes things
worse because the blue and black letters still have a black background (so you get black bars
on your white background with letters in it which are much less readable than before).

> Is it possible that these color effects were only tested with terminals where the default
color is black on white background? Is there a way to disable these effects (I can live without
any syntax highlighting if I can read the texts instead)?

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org