karaf-dev mailing list archives

From Arunan Balasubramaniam <arunan.balasubraman...@interlinksoftware.com>
Subject RE: Half patch for logging documentation
Date Tue, 23 May 2017 08:05:17 GMT

Hi Matt,

You don’t always need to specify a context prefix - https://logging.apache.org/log4j/2.x/manual/configuration.html#PropertySubstitution
hence all the ${karaf.foo} ones etc are fine as are the locally defined properties like ${log4j2.pattern}.
It would be good to document what properties are in the default context but I don't actually
know what the answer to that one is!

Cheers,
Arunan

-----Original Message-----
From: Matt Sicker [mailto:boards@gmail.com]
Sent: 22 May 2017 17:05
To: Karaf Developers List <dev@karaf.apache.org>
Subject: Re: Half patch for logging documentation

I think you need to specify which lookup to use in ${placeholder} things in the log4j2 properties
file example. For example: ${sys:foo.bar} for the foo.bar system property. < https://logging.apache.org/log4j/2.x/manual/lookups.html>

I'm not sure what happens when you don't use a prefix as it's not clearly documented.

--
Matt Sicker <boards@gmail.com>