karaf-dev mailing list archives

From Jean-Baptiste Onofré ...@nanthrax.net>
Subject Re: Half patch for logging documentation
Date Tue, 23 May 2017 06:24:57 GMT
Hi Arunan,

great,  can you please create a patch in  a Jira ? I will take a look.

By the way, I also moved forward on  the dev guide and the samples (on my github).

Thanks !
Regards
JB

On 05/22/2017 03:32 PM, Arunan Balasubramaniam wrote:

> Hi,
>
> the user documentation still refers to configuring logging using log4j(1) while Karaf
has moved on to log4j2. I started updating the documentation but did not feel confident changing
anything from the "Advanced configuration" stage towards the bottom of the documentation.
The changes I made up to that point are available at https://github.com/NetNow/karaf/commit/e0a592117bb259833f8500c6c534c2f1deb13d22
in case they are of use; but if that commit were applied as-is, the manual would have instructions
for both log4j and log4j2 configuration in it which is possibly worse than now.

> By the way, the file etc/org.ops4j.pax.logging.cfg has a few log4j(1) properties left
in but commented out at the bottom.

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org