karaf-dev mailing list archives

From Guillaume Nodet <gno...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Karaf 4.2.0 and endorsed libs
Date Thu, 22 Mar 2018 20:14:15 GMT
Unfortunately, using spi-fly won't work, or not very well.
The reason is that spi-fly do some weaving to fix the ServiceLoader.load()
calls.
In the case of woodstox, the call is done from XMLInputFactory#newInstance,
which resides in the stax api package.
So we'd have to deploy the servicemix specs as a bundle in order to weave
it, but that would preclude the use of the default providers.
So I think the best option is what I had envisioned months ago (but kinda
differed working on it), i.e. enhance the servicemix specs so that they
become java modules.
That's the new way to replace the endorsed lib mechanism, and I think we'll
have to use it.
I'm going to investigate this issue a bit this week or the next...

Guillaume

--
Guillaume Nodet