karaf-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Cosentino <ancosen1...@yahoo.com.INVALID>
Subject Re: Preparing Karaf 4.2.1 and some ideas
Date Sun, 17 Jun 2018 17:39:30 GMT
+1, great work!

--
Andrea Cosentino
----------------------------------
Apache Camel PMC Chair
Apache Karaf Committer
Apache Servicemix PMC Member
Email: ancosen1985@yahoo.com
Twitter: @oscerd2
Github: oscerd

On Sunday, June 17, 2018, 5:17:23 PM GMT+2, Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb@nanthrax.net>
wrote:

Hi guys,

As I started to prepare Karaf 4.2.1, I rebased and cleaned up the
examples. The corresponding PR is there:

https://github.com/apache/karaf/pull/484

As already mention on the mailing list, I gonna add new examples asked
by users. It seems also that lot of users has difficulties to create
their own Karaf distro. I will add new examples around that (there is
already one), and I think we can improve the karaf-maven-plugin to
simplify the way of creating distribution, and give the right example
(the generate MOJO is more a source of problem and we should encourage
users to write their features XML IMHO).

On the other hand, I started a branch where I refactored the README and
other documentation file to use the md format. The advantages of md
(compare to raw text or ascii doc) is that:
1. It can be rendered directly on github
2. The doxia maven plugin supports it by default (no need to use
asciidoc specific plugin)
3. It's a well known format

We are moving forward on this and other Jira (starting the triage right
now) and hopefully, Karaf 4.2.1 will be submitted to vote soon-"ish"
(middle of this week).

Regards
JB
--